Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» PotterMore: Anyone else on it?
Wed May 02, 2012 11:30 pm by BlackFalcon

» THE MUSIC THREAD
Wed May 02, 2012 11:19 pm by BlackFalcon

» I Wanna' Be, The Very Best! -- A Pokemon Tribute Thread
Wed May 02, 2012 11:09 pm by BlackFalcon

» WARFare Draft Show Prediction Contest Results
Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:57 pm by HolyJose

» JBW Show Feedback Thread.
Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:46 pm by Rome

» Mayhem "We're back" Episode
Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:17 am by Robareid

» WARFare Draft Show Prediction Contest
Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:34 am by Robareid

» YAY!!!!!!!!!!
Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:12 am by S.E. Zero

» NEW Daniel May profile
Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:35 am by Enforcer

December 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 13 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:10 am
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of JBW: JUSTIFIABLY BADASS WRESTLING on your social bookmarking website


RELIGION DISCUSSION

Go down

RELIGION DISCUSSION

Post  Rated_R(ob)KO on Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:42 pm

If you have questions, concerns, or just want to discuss religion and all things surrounding it, please do so here. NO FLAMING!!
avatar
Rated_R(ob)KO
COO Of JBW (Admin)
COO Of JBW (Admin)

Posts : 148
Points : 199
Reputation : -26
Join date : 2012-02-02
Age : 34
Location : Southern New Jersey

http://jbwrestling.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: RELIGION DISCUSSION

Post  LRB on Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:50 pm

I'll start. Let me start off by saying yes, I am a Christian. Let me also say that no, I am not delusional enough to throw away scientific facts in favor of faith. I just wanted to post something I had been thinking about. Ok, can we Christians be real and say that evolution might as well be the Law of Evolution and not the Theory because it is constantly proven right before our eyes. I had been thinking about the whole evolution from a common ancestor as monkeys alot and this thought popped into my head. "What if Adam and Eve were the first humans given souls, not just the first humans created?" Perhaps the moment that God gave us souls was when human beings as we knew them first appeared. Thoughts?
avatar
LRB
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 98
Points : 105
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-02-13
Age : 32
Location : Southaven, Mississippi

Back to top Go down

Re: RELIGION DISCUSSION

Post  Poot-Hair on Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:25 am

LRB wrote:I'll start. Let me start off by saying yes, I am a Christian. Let me also say that no, I am not delusional enough to throw away scientific facts in favor of faith. I just wanted to post something I had been thinking about. Ok, can we Christians be real and say that evolution might as well be the Law of Evolution and not the Theory because it is constantly proven right before our eyes. I had been thinking about the whole evolution from a common ancestor as monkeys alot and this thought popped into my head. "What if Adam and Eve were the first humans given souls, not just the first humans created?" Perhaps the moment that God gave us souls was when human beings as we knew them first appeared. Thoughts?
As a child I was a youth Minister (crazy right?) and I've studied the Bible through and through for years. When I was in Iraq, and later in Afghanistan I spent literally HOURS studying the Bible.

I tend to agree with you about Adam and Eve being the first humans given souls. We all know about evolution (theory of or law of). My theory is that maybe early humans (neanderthals) were God's "starting point" in perfecting the human race. Then when he was happy with what he did, he gave them souls. Idk but I've always thought this.
avatar
Poot-Hair
The Southern Freak Mod
The Southern Freak Mod

Posts : 71
Points : 77
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 32
Location : Ider Alabama...washing the dirt...and poo off my soul

Back to top Go down

Re: RELIGION DISCUSSION

Post  HolyJose on Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:54 pm

Alright I just got back from Mass and I agree Adam and Eve were the first with souls allowed into heaven the garden of Eden and on the topic of evolution god created everything so evolution as a trait to survive

_________________
HolyJose
JBW WARFare World Televison Champion (1 time)
JBW WARFare World Tag Team Champion (1 time)
First Ever dual Champion in JBW History

Azrael
JBW WARFare World Tag Team Champion (1 time)
The face of HolyJose
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
HolyJose
The Mexican Mod
The Mexican Mod

Posts : 187
Points : 202
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-02-02
Age : 27
Location : Manassas, VA

Back to top Go down

Re: RELIGION DISCUSSION

Post  BlackFalcon on Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:40 pm

Let me say that I'm an Agnostic to start off with. I believe in the possibility of a higher power in the Universe, I just don't want to name it and try to make it exclusive to me. The one thing I hate most is when people try to say their beliefs are better than anyone else's. In my opinion all religious followings have equal footing. I also hate people who try to squash people's belief because they prefer the scientific explanation. One conversation I had with a person.

Person: Evolution and The Big Bang Theory prove that there is no higher power.

Me: Firstly, the Big Bang Theory is just that, a THEORY. Secondly, how do you know the higher power didn't make the Big Bang and Evolution as part of it's design?

Person: .... Well you can't prove that!

ME: So? That doesn't mean it's not possible.

That conversation pretty much sums up my beliefs and opinions on the matter.
avatar
BlackFalcon
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 68
Points : 76
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-02-11
Age : 24
Location : Coventry, England

Back to top Go down

Re: RELIGION DISCUSSION

Post  Rehmix on Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:07 pm

BlackFalcon wrote:Let me say that I'm an Agnostic to start off with. I believe in the possibility of a higher power in the Universe, I just don't want to name it and try to make it exclusive to me. The one thing I hate most is when people try to say their beliefs are better than anyone else's. In my opinion all religious followings have equal footing. I also hate people who try to squash people's belief because they prefer the scientific explanation. One conversation I had with a person.

Person: Evolution and The Big Bang Theory prove that there is no higher power.

Me: Firstly, the Big Bang Theory is just that, a THEORY. Secondly, how do you know the higher power didn't make the Big Bang and Evolution as part of it's design?

Person: .... Well you can't prove that!

ME: So? That doesn't mean it's not possible.

That conversation pretty much sums up my beliefs and opinions on the matter.

I am a Christian and I love your opinion. I appreciate people who allow people to freely believe what they want to. I allow others to freely believe what they want and I feel they should have that. Doesn't mean that I don't want them to have my belief it's just that I'm not willing to shove that on other people. yea I want them to fully believe that I just know that that's not the way to do it.
avatar
Rehmix
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 126
Points : 130
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-02-11
Age : 27
Location : Greensboro, NC

Back to top Go down

Re: RELIGION DISCUSSION

Post  Rome on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:52 pm

This isn't me trying to put down a religion, this is just me trying to have a little bit of fun on a Wednesday:

Today is Lent, and well all know what that means! The "Lent Drinking Game"! How does it work? When you leave your house in the morning, you start counting the number of people you see with a dirt cross on their forehead--rules may vary from "every time" to "every unique time". When you arrive home later that day (for good that day), you take that number, pour out an equal number of shots, and GO TO TOWN!

This year's number: 24. Oh fuck me.

Rome
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 136
Points : 163
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: RELIGION DISCUSSION

Post  Rehmix on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:22 pm

Rome wrote:This isn't me trying to put down a religion, this is just me trying to have a little bit of fun on a Wednesday:

Today is Lent, and well all know what that means! The "Lent Drinking Game"! How does it work? When you leave your house in the morning, you start counting the number of people you see with a dirt cross on their forehead--rules may vary from "every time" to "every unique time". When you arrive home later that day (for good that day), you take that number, pour out an equal number of shots, and GO TO TOWN!

This year's number: 24. Oh fuck me.

Well that sucks for you. Saw no one today so I'm good then I guess.
avatar
Rehmix
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 126
Points : 130
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-02-11
Age : 27
Location : Greensboro, NC

Back to top Go down

Re: RELIGION DISCUSSION

Post  SLEEPY LOCO on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:26 pm

Rome wrote:This isn't me trying to put down a religion, this is just me trying to have a little bit of fun on a Wednesday:

Today is Lent, and well all know what that means! The "Lent Drinking Game"! How does it work? When you leave your house in the morning, you start counting the number of people you see with a dirt cross on their forehead--rules may vary from "every time" to "every unique time". When you arrive home later that day (for good that day), you take that number, pour out an equal number of shots, and GO TO TOWN!

This year's number: 24. Oh fuck me.

It is palm ashes not dirt.

Since I went to church today and got my ashes I would be fucked if I tried to play. pale

SLEEPY LOCO
Green
Green

Posts : 46
Points : 48
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: RELIGION DISCUSSION

Post  Rome on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:40 pm

SLEEPY LOCO wrote:
It is palm ashes not dirt.

Since I went to church today and got my ashes I would be fucked if I tried to play. pale

I wasn't trying to mess up--churches around here actually use dirt o.O

Rome
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 136
Points : 163
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: RELIGION DISCUSSION

Post  HolyJose on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:20 pm

Proudly sporting my ash cross so up that number and yeah I'd have to take at least 100 shots since I went to my campus ministries mass I'm sure that's more than the legal limit

_________________
HolyJose
JBW WARFare World Televison Champion (1 time)
JBW WARFare World Tag Team Champion (1 time)
First Ever dual Champion in JBW History

Azrael
JBW WARFare World Tag Team Champion (1 time)
The face of HolyJose
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
HolyJose
The Mexican Mod
The Mexican Mod

Posts : 187
Points : 202
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-02-02
Age : 27
Location : Manassas, VA

Back to top Go down

Re: RELIGION DISCUSSION

Post  SLEEPY LOCO on Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:22 am

HolyJose wrote:Proudly sporting my ash cross so up that number and yeah I'd have to take at least 100 shots since I went to my campus ministries mass I'm sure that's more than the legal limit

Lol, I wiped mine off as soon as I got out of the church and got into my car. I only go to church because of my grandparents guilt me into going on the major church days...Ash Wednesday, Easter Sunday and Christmas. Plus I always get a free lunch out of them after.

SLEEPY LOCO
Green
Green

Posts : 46
Points : 48
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: RELIGION DISCUSSION

Post  Rated_R(ob)KO on Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:57 am

I'm not Religious at all... if anything, I believe in Cthulhu more than anything else. My theory is:

"If you people can believe in a made up figure, so can I."

Very Happy ... Not knocking anyones beliefs or anything, just my thoughts. I would love for everyone here to get into a Religious discussion... of course we won't let it get out of hand... I wouldn't want to shut this part down or anything.


So let me start off by asking... WHY do you believe in Jesus? (Remember, this is just to start discussion.)

_________________
STATE OF THE 'E PODCAST

Kashdinero
"And yeah, that's EXACTLY why I don't take you to important meetings lol. You're like a wild pitbull... it's like taking a crocidile to a dog show, bull in a china shop. You're like a Great White Shark ready to strike. You shoved your cyber **** down his throat."


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

STATE OF THE 'E PODCAST
avatar
Rated_R(ob)KO
COO Of JBW (Admin)
COO Of JBW (Admin)

Posts : 148
Points : 199
Reputation : -26
Join date : 2012-02-02
Age : 34
Location : Southern New Jersey

http://jbwrestling.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: RELIGION DISCUSSION

Post  SLEEPY LOCO on Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:07 am

Rated_R(ob)KO wrote:I'm not Religious at all... if anything, I believe in Cthulhu more than anything else. My theory is:

"If you people can believe in a made up figure, so can I."

Very Happy ... Not knocking anyones beliefs or anything, just my thoughts. I would love for everyone here to get into a Religious discussion... of course we won't let it get out of hand... I wouldn't want to shut this part down or anything.


So let me start off by asking... WHY do you believe in Jesus? (Remember, this is just to start discussion.)

I grew up going to church but I wouldn't say I'm religous. I'm just mexican.

I believe Jesus was a real person but I don't believe him to have any supernatural powers. I don't believe in God, but I do believe that the Earth has a living spirit(Gaia).

SLEEPY LOCO
Green
Green

Posts : 46
Points : 48
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: RELIGION DISCUSSION

Post  Rated_R(ob)KO on Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:11 am

Interesting. I believe Earth has a living spirit as well. And I won't deny Jesus to be human but, I believe he was one of the first Magicians to fully capture people into his palms like he did... and I believe that was also his downfall.

I cannot say for certain if there is a "God" per say but, I think something is out there... I'm just not quite sure as to what though.

_________________
STATE OF THE 'E PODCAST

Kashdinero
"And yeah, that's EXACTLY why I don't take you to important meetings lol. You're like a wild pitbull... it's like taking a crocidile to a dog show, bull in a china shop. You're like a Great White Shark ready to strike. You shoved your cyber **** down his throat."


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

STATE OF THE 'E PODCAST
avatar
Rated_R(ob)KO
COO Of JBW (Admin)
COO Of JBW (Admin)

Posts : 148
Points : 199
Reputation : -26
Join date : 2012-02-02
Age : 34
Location : Southern New Jersey

http://jbwrestling.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: RELIGION DISCUSSION

Post  SLEEPY LOCO on Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:47 am

It's funny that you say that Jesus was a magician because the three wise men were Magi, who were the original magicians.

SLEEPY LOCO
Green
Green

Posts : 46
Points : 48
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: RELIGION DISCUSSION

Post  HolyJose on Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:26 am

I believe in Christ because one I grew up with the teachings and two to know that someone died for me? That pretty fucking powerful for me words can't describe it but there is the feeling that you get

_________________
HolyJose
JBW WARFare World Televison Champion (1 time)
JBW WARFare World Tag Team Champion (1 time)
First Ever dual Champion in JBW History

Azrael
JBW WARFare World Tag Team Champion (1 time)
The face of HolyJose
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
HolyJose
The Mexican Mod
The Mexican Mod

Posts : 187
Points : 202
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-02-02
Age : 27
Location : Manassas, VA

Back to top Go down

Re: RELIGION DISCUSSION

Post  LRB on Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:21 pm

I believe because it's an indescribable feeling. It feels like I have a void in myself is filled once I started believing. It feels like I can feel that my soul is complete because I know Christ.
avatar
LRB
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 98
Points : 105
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-02-13
Age : 32
Location : Southaven, Mississippi

Back to top Go down

Re: RELIGION DISCUSSION

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum