JBW: JUSTIFIABLY BADASS WRESTLING
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» PotterMore: Anyone else on it?
THE COMIC BOOK THREAD EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:30 pm by BlackFalcon

» THE MUSIC THREAD
THE COMIC BOOK THREAD EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:19 pm by BlackFalcon

» I Wanna' Be, The Very Best! -- A Pokemon Tribute Thread
THE COMIC BOOK THREAD EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:09 pm by BlackFalcon

» WARFare Draft Show Prediction Contest Results
THE COMIC BOOK THREAD EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 4:57 pm by HolyJose

» JBW Show Feedback Thread.
THE COMIC BOOK THREAD EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 4:46 pm by Rome

» Mayhem "We're back" Episode
THE COMIC BOOK THREAD EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 5:17 am by Robareid

» WARFare Draft Show Prediction Contest
THE COMIC BOOK THREAD EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 4:34 am by Robareid

» YAY!!!!!!!!!!
THE COMIC BOOK THREAD EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:12 am by S.E. Zero

» NEW Daniel May profile
THE COMIC BOOK THREAD EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 5:35 am by Enforcer

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 186 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:31 pm
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of JBW: JUSTIFIABLY BADASS WRESTLING on your social bookmarking website

THE COMIC BOOK THREAD

2 posters

Go down

THE COMIC BOOK THREAD Empty THE COMIC BOOK THREAD

Post  Rated_R(ob)KO Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:25 pm

Discuss who would beat who, new comics, new characters, all the old crap you can think of!
Rated_R(ob)KO
Rated_R(ob)KO
COO Of JBW (Admin)
COO Of JBW (Admin)

https://jbwrestling.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

THE COMIC BOOK THREAD Empty Re: THE COMIC BOOK THREAD

Post  S.E. Zero Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:16 am

Well I enjoy viewing comics, online comics recently more so from snafu-comics. They got some great ones there.
S.E. Zero
S.E. Zero
Jabroni
Jabroni

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000514821421

Back to top Go down

Post  S.E. Zero Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:27 am

Just saw Comic Book Man on AMC it's about Kevin Smith's shop in Jersey. Rob go there one day I can see you there Razz
S.E. Zero
S.E. Zero
Jabroni
Jabroni

Back to top Go down

Post  Rated_R(ob)KO Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:06 am

S.E. Zero wrote:Just saw Comic Book Man on AMC it's about Kevin Smith's shop in Jersey. Rob go there one day I can see you there Razz

Actually my dude, I play poker there with Smith lol. Look on my FB and you'll find pics of it. The album is called "Hold 'Em McNeil", there's a TON of pics of The Stash and even me with Ming Chen before he was a TV star lol. Smile
Rated_R(ob)KO
Rated_R(ob)KO
COO Of JBW (Admin)
COO Of JBW (Admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  Rated_R(ob)KO Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:50 am

I would like to take the time to sit here and review something that's been very close to me recently, "The Court Of Owls". It's a recent storyline in the Batman re-start that's been going on since launch. From September 2011 - February 2012 is where the I guess you could call it, "prologue" took place. I'm sure there will be an actual prologue to "Night Of The Owls" which is the Summer "Mega-Batman-Crossover-Event poised to rape faces.

This six-parter introduces us to "The Court Of Owls". A group of super rich people hidden behind blank owl masks. They have an assassin named, "The Talon". Apparently as the story goes, The Court has been hidden inside the walls of Gotham City as far back as the 1800's. In the Jonah Hex series he's currently dealing with the first iterations of The Court.

We know the stoy of Gotham City, Alan Wayne... Bruce Wayne's grandfather built Gotham from the ground up. He did something though. Something that triggered the court to go after the Wayne family. Which, at that time, they did. Alan Wayne was taken out by The Court and died a delirious man.

Flashforward to the present when a small murder mystery unravels into the discovery of a lifetime. Batman found out that The Court, which was honestly thought to have been an Urban Legend... much like himself, was actually real. The court had targeted Bruce Wayne to die. After some sleuthing around, Batman discovered that The Court had always been in Gotham... burrowing in anything Wayne related.

As of the nature with owls, they take what is not theirs. Owls take the nests of other birds and use them for their own purposes. Wether birds are still there or not, that does not compute with them. And as such, Bruce/Batman discovered a ton of safe haven's inside anything that belonged to the Wayne's. He dug up his grandfater attempting to figure out what caused his death. He found out it was from the little daggers that The Talon throws to exterminate his prey. Batman also discovered that Alan was washed into the sewer system due to this and he didn't just simply fall as the theories would suggest.

Batman then gets trapped inside the walls of the sewer system in a labyrinth that has been built over generations. The walls within the sewer walls were their official home. Batman, though poisioned, had discovered where they gather. Going through the maze he discovers the full history of The Court and finds out their true meaning.

There was an un-told story of Bruce's youth though... when he was a boy after his parents had died he knew there was a reason behind it. It couldn't have been some schmoe who did it. So, he began investigating the other rich and powerful Gothamite Heirarchy. Upon finding a huge building adorned with everything Owl related, he went there only to find it had been abandoned for years and ended up being stranded for a week. (I guarantee this house will come back into play.)

At this point he believed the owls to be false and a lie. That is, until he met them face to face in issue six for the first time. Eventually he defeated The Talon and he made his way out by exploding the white marble using filament from a camera and the stone type to make the sewers. (Smart Bastard.) The only problem is though, he still gets trapped inside glass. The Court has managed to keep him inside their lair and... as far as the reader thinks, he's dying.

W go back to The Court where it is revealed that they don't only have one Talon... they have close to 50. As of right now, this sets up a great cliffhanger for the next few months as we go into like I previously said... the mother of all Batman tie-ins. PLEASE do yourself the favor of checking out these magnificant Batman books, if you have to wait for the TPB fine. But please read them. IMO Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo are knocking this storyline CLEAR out of the park into Grandslam territory.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Rated_R(ob)KO
Rated_R(ob)KO
COO Of JBW (Admin)
COO Of JBW (Admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  S.E. Zero Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:17 pm

Rated_R(ob)KO wrote:
S.E. Zero wrote:Just saw Comic Book Man on AMC it's about Kevin Smith's shop in Jersey. Rob go there one day I can see you there Razz

Actually my dude, I play poker there with Smith lol. Look on my FB and you'll find pics of it. The album is called "Hold 'Em McNeil", there's a TON of pics of The Stash and even me with Ming Chen before he was a TV star lol. Smile

Lol, I remember. you told me that about 3-4 months in of when I first joined EWN but I meant in terms of seeing you on TV bro, even 5 secs of fame are welcome lol

I have looked at them, you thing I didnt stalk you for the like first 2 weeks we were firends?....Fudge, did I just say that out loud. Ignore that last part Wink Razz
S.E. Zero
S.E. Zero
Jabroni
Jabroni

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down