Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» PotterMore: Anyone else on it?
Wed May 02, 2012 11:30 pm by BlackFalcon

» THE MUSIC THREAD
Wed May 02, 2012 11:19 pm by BlackFalcon

» I Wanna' Be, The Very Best! -- A Pokemon Tribute Thread
Wed May 02, 2012 11:09 pm by BlackFalcon

» WARFare Draft Show Prediction Contest Results
Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:57 pm by HolyJose

» JBW Show Feedback Thread.
Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:46 pm by Rome

» Mayhem "We're back" Episode
Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:17 am by Robareid

» WARFare Draft Show Prediction Contest
Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:34 am by Robareid

» YAY!!!!!!!!!!
Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:12 am by S.E. Zero

» NEW Daniel May profile
Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:35 am by Enforcer

April 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
30      

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 13 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:10 am
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of JBW: JUSTIFIABLY BADASS WRESTLING on your social bookmarking website


JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Rome on Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:12 pm

How many people would be interested in a JBW Fantasy Baseball League? It'd probably run off of Yahoo's system just for convince. If I can get some interest, then we'll start talking how to work it.

Invite: Here

Roster
JBW
Rome
Jman
Rob
Rehmix
Broc
Dubs
SEZ
Robareid

EWNCW & Other
AirBourne
KJ Punk
Daffy
Sully

Divisions
Smackdown!
KJ Punk
Rehmix
Rob
Broc
SEZ
Sully

Raw
Rome
Airbourne
Jman
Dubs
Daffy
Robareid

Rivalries

Rob-Rome
Air-KJPunk
Broc-Dubs
Jman-Rehmix
Daffy-SEZ
Robareid-Sully

Draft Style: Live or Simulated or what? If it's live and you can't make it, you can preset your draft and it'll pick based on your ranking.

Divisions: I kinda want to--Mayhem and Warfare divisions, but not split like the roster and instead split to keep a balance.

Style: Head-to-head Weekly. From Monday to Sunday, you're facing off with one other team. Whoever leads (accumulatively) in a category by the end of Sunday night EST takes the category. Whoever wins the most categories in a weekly matchup takes the win. So, if I beat Jman 3-2 in categories, I get 1 win and he gets one loss.


Last edited by Rome on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:54 pm; edited 15 times in total (Reason for editing : Link, Divisions)

Rome
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 136
Points : 163
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Jman on Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:54 pm

Like I said in the PM, I'm in.
avatar
Jman
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 68
Points : 73
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-02-11
Age : 25
Location : South Jersey

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Guest on Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:50 am

I'm still a bit new to MLB, but I will take part in this.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Rated_R(ob)KO on Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:55 am

I'm definitely in on this one.

_________________
STATE OF THE 'E PODCAST

Kashdinero
"And yeah, that's EXACTLY why I don't take you to important meetings lol. You're like a wild pitbull... it's like taking a crocidile to a dog show, bull in a china shop. You're like a Great White Shark ready to strike. You shoved your cyber **** down his throat."


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

STATE OF THE 'E PODCAST
avatar
Rated_R(ob)KO
COO Of JBW (Admin)
COO Of JBW (Admin)

Posts : 148
Points : 199
Reputation : -26
Join date : 2012-02-02
Age : 33
Location : Southern New Jersey

http://jbwrestling.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Rehmix on Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:24 am

I'm in Let's do this shit
avatar
Rehmix
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 126
Points : 130
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-02-11
Age : 26
Location : Greensboro, NC

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Rome on Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:58 pm

And with that we have 5 potential members and that's enough to actually play on the Yahoo servers. By the end of tonight I'll have the league set up and will post the invitation url.

Actually, it's already done, but I can't post links, sooooo... Emails Very Happy

Rome
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 136
Points : 163
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Rehmix on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:38 pm

More people need to see this. Fantasy Sports are not fun with small amounts of people. we need at the least 5 more! Get them in here people.
avatar
Rehmix
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 126
Points : 130
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-02-11
Age : 26
Location : Greensboro, NC

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Rome on Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:24 pm

We need a min of 4 teams, but a max of 16. Feel free to mention this to any JBWers out there.

LINK:

baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/42657/invitation?key=7f836479e73d3e02 With necessary spaces because of link rule.

Rome
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 136
Points : 163
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Rome on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:44 pm

Come on folks--I know the season doesn't really start until April, but I wanna get this all set and done ASAP. If you wanna play but you don't know much about baseball, don't worry--the draft isn't until March 24th (The first series is, like, March 28th, so we gotta go it early). You have time to brush up on your baseball knowledge!

That being said, if we can get a (overall) even number of players, we'll start setting up cross-divisional rivalries. People can set it up themselves or I can use the Hat randomizer to do it (like how the original 5 were separated into the divisions). An 8-team league will have two rivalry games, while 6-team will have 3 or 4.

Rome
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 136
Points : 163
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  S.E. Zero on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:49 pm

How does this work exactly? I haven't joined cause I don't know.
avatar
S.E. Zero
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 235
Points : 247
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2012-02-11
Age : 29
Location : Humacao, P.R.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000514821421

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Rome on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:58 pm

S.E. Zero wrote:How does this work exactly? I haven't joined cause I don't know.

Here's the skinny:

Your goal is to field a full team--1 Catcher, 1 at each base, a short stop, 3 outfielders, and a bullpen of pitchers. Those players will be accumulating the key stats for you over the week: Batting Average, Runs, RBIs, HomeRuns, Stolen Bases, and Total Bases for the batters and ERA, Walks+Hits Per Innings (WHIP), Strikeouts, Saves, and Wins for the pitchers.

Those stats will be tallied up from Monday to Sunday and compared against your opponent for that week. Beating your opponent in one category is a run--whoever scores the most "runs" that week wins. There are 11 total possible runs to minimize ties. You only need to win 6 of the 11 categories that week to guarantee a win.

The players you'll have will be drafted during the "live draft". It'll be an online draft sometime before the season starts. You don't have to be online, though--you can preset your draft wishes and the computer system will follow your wishes as best it can (or you can just let it do it for you--it'll go by best players available then fill needs).

By the end of the season, there will be a play-off (6 or 8 teams depending on the number of players we have) with the seeds determined by overall record. Shoulder we exceed the 8-man mark, the division winners will be guaranteed a spot, but not necessarily a top seed.

Anything else that isn't clear?

Rome
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 136
Points : 163
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  S.E. Zero on Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:16 pm

Rome wrote:
S.E. Zero wrote:How does this work exactly? I haven't joined cause I don't know.

Here's the skinny:

Your goal is to field a full team--1 Catcher, 1 at each base, a short stop, 3 outfielders, and a bullpen of pitchers. Those players will be accumulating the key stats for you over the week: Batting Average, Runs, RBIs, HomeRuns, Stolen Bases, and Total Bases for the batters and ERA, Walks+Hits Per Innings (WHIP), Strikeouts, Saves, and Wins for the pitchers.

Those stats will be tallied up from Monday to Sunday and compared against your opponent for that week. Beating your opponent in one category is a run--whoever scores the most "runs" that week wins. There are 11 total possible runs to minimize ties. You only need to win 6 of the 11 categories that week to guarantee a win.

The players you'll have will be drafted during the "live draft". It'll be an online draft sometime before the season starts. You don't have to be online, though--you can preset your draft wishes and the computer system will follow your wishes as best it can (or you can just let it do it for you--it'll go by best players available then fill needs).

By the end of the season, there will be a play-off (6 or 8 teams depending on the number of players we have) with the seeds determined by overall record. Shoulder we exceed the 8-man mark, the division winners will be guaranteed a spot, but not necessarily a top seed.

Anything else that isn't clear?


Umm....I think I got it, so I pick real players and based on how they play is the score and best score vs my opponent wins leading to the playoffs.

Sounds good, I dont follow that much baseball but this could be fun so let me check some of the players I would want to ''draft'' based on their positions and let you know if I wanna be a part of this.
avatar
S.E. Zero
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 235
Points : 247
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2012-02-11
Age : 29
Location : Humacao, P.R.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000514821421

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Rome on Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:26 pm

S.E. Zero wrote:
Umm....I think I got it, so I pick real players and based on how they play is the score and best score vs my opponent wins leading to the playoffs.

Sounds good, I dont follow that much baseball but this could be fun so let me check some of the players I would want to ''draft'' based on their positions and let you know if I wanna be a part of this.

Take your time--still a month+ in time. I'm just biting at the bit hoping it all works (plus I enjoy setting this kinda stuff up).

Rome
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 136
Points : 163
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Rome on Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:16 pm

Neutral Yup.

Playoff possiblities--
- Playoffs reseed (#1 gets easiest road)

4-7 Teams (No divisions)

4-team playoff:
- Competition at bottom of standings to grab the last seeds.

6-team playoff:
- Competition at the top for the bye-week seeds.
- If 7 teams, competition at the very bottom to avoid being "that guy" who didn't make it.

8+ teams (divisions)
- Division champions get automatic bid, but seed still based on overall record.

4-team playoff:
- Only two wildcard spots if 2 divisions; One wildcard if 3 divisions; No wildcard if 4 divisions

6-team playoff:
- Inter-divisional competition for Bye-week seeds.
- Mid-standings fighting for wildcards

8-team playoff:
- Lower Middle standings fight for wildcards.
- Upperechelon fighting for #1 Seed


Last edited by Rome on Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rome
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 136
Points : 163
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Jman on Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:19 pm

Rome wrote: Neutral Yup.

There's still time.
avatar
Jman
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 68
Points : 73
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-02-11
Age : 25
Location : South Jersey

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Rome on Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:26 pm

Jman wrote:
Rome wrote: Neutral Yup.

There's still time.

I know, I know--but I'm really interested in this and I can't play with the schedule maker until I finalize the teams (and I need 4 to do it, but I can "unfinalize"). I'm the kid standing at the candy store window waiting for the owner to get his ass there to open the store xD

Edit: Also... would you guys be against the idea of adding EWNCW members to the group? The divisions would be JBW/EWNCW and WOULD split along company lines. This would really be to just improve the numbers quickly and make the playoffs even more interesting...

Rome
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 136
Points : 163
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Rehmix on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:44 pm

We need more players!
avatar
Rehmix
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 126
Points : 130
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-02-11
Age : 26
Location : Greensboro, NC

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Rome on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:52 pm

That's an understatement to say the least--we're required to get an odd number of players ontop of what we already have lined up. The draft cannot happen if there is an odd number of teams. I would like to hit 8 so we can split up into divisions to create another race for excitement in the latter half of the season.

If we can hit 6 or 8, and folks are willing to let EWNCW players play, I'll see if I can't scrounge up an equal number of EWNCW players and make this the "EWN E-Fed League". Note: The max we can hit is 20 teams--split among four 5-team divisions for scheduling's sake.

Rome
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 136
Points : 163
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  S.E. Zero on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:11 am

Rome wrote:That's an understatement to say the least--we're required to get an odd number of players ontop of what we already have lined up. The draft cannot happen if there is an odd number of teams. I would like to hit 8 so we can split up into divisions to create another race for excitement in the latter half of the season.

If we can hit 6 or 8, and folks are willing to let EWNCW players play, I'll see if I can't scrounge up an equal number of EWNCW players and make this the "EWN E-Fed League". Note: The max we can hit is 20 teams--split among four 5-team divisions for scheduling's sake.


Go for it add EWNCW guys to this we sure need em
avatar
S.E. Zero
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 235
Points : 247
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2012-02-11
Age : 29
Location : Humacao, P.R.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000514821421

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Rome on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:13 am

S.E. Zero wrote:
Go for it add EWNCW guys to this we sure need em

Is that a "I'm in?" Very Happy

And I will soon, probably. I just wanna make sure what number of EWNCW to allow--don't wanna oversign and have to intermingle them. Don't wanna infect our JBW awesome people Very Happy

Rome
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 136
Points : 163
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  S.E. Zero on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:19 am

Rome wrote:
S.E. Zero wrote:
Go for it add EWNCW guys to this we sure need em

Is that a "I'm in?" Very Happy

And I will soon, probably. I just wanna make sure what number of EWNCW to allow--don't wanna oversign and have to intermingle them. Don't wanna infect our JBW awesome people Very Happy


Still scouting I wanna plenty of options should my draft numbers be low and I miss on some good players you know?

Maybe 10 to start add more as it goes along?
avatar
S.E. Zero
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 235
Points : 247
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2012-02-11
Age : 29
Location : Humacao, P.R.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000514821421

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Rome on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:23 am

S.E. Zero wrote:
Still scouting I wanna plenty of options should my draft numbers be low and I miss on some good players you know?

Maybe 10 to start add more as it goes along?

The draft is snake order: If you get the last pick in the first round, you get the first in the second and vice versa.

I'll grab 5 as of now since that's what we have committed already.

Rome
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 136
Points : 163
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  S.E. Zero on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:28 am

Rome wrote:
S.E. Zero wrote:
Still scouting I wanna plenty of options should my draft numbers be low and I miss on some good players you know?

Maybe 10 to start add more as it goes along?

The draft is snake order: If you get the last pick in the first round, you get the first in the second and vice versa.

I'll grab 5 as of now since that's what we have committed already.


Gotcha.
avatar
S.E. Zero
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 235
Points : 247
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2012-02-11
Age : 29
Location : Humacao, P.R.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000514821421

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Rome on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:38 am

Dubs wrote:Count me in!

DUBS IS IN!

Rome
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 136
Points : 163
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Guest on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:38 am

Rome wrote:
Dubs wrote:Count me in!

DUBS IS IN!

Speaking of DUBS, does he even know about this site? And why in the hell hasn't he joined?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum