Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» PotterMore: Anyone else on it?
Wed May 02, 2012 11:30 pm by BlackFalcon

» THE MUSIC THREAD
Wed May 02, 2012 11:19 pm by BlackFalcon

» I Wanna' Be, The Very Best! -- A Pokemon Tribute Thread
Wed May 02, 2012 11:09 pm by BlackFalcon

» WARFare Draft Show Prediction Contest Results
Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:57 pm by HolyJose

» JBW Show Feedback Thread.
Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:46 pm by Rome

» Mayhem "We're back" Episode
Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:17 am by Robareid

» WARFare Draft Show Prediction Contest
Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:34 am by Robareid

» YAY!!!!!!!!!!
Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:12 am by S.E. Zero

» NEW Daniel May profile
Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:35 am by Enforcer

September 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 13 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:10 am
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of JBW: JUSTIFIABLY BADASS WRESTLING on your social bookmarking website


JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Rome on Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:14 pm

Rome wrote:

Here's the skinny:

Your goal is to field a full team--1 Catcher, 1 at each base, a short stop, 3 outfielders, and a bullpen of pitchers. Those players will be accumulating the key stats for you over the week: Batting Average, Runs, RBIs, HomeRuns, Stolen Bases, and Total Bases for the batters and ERA, Walks+Hits Per Innings (WHIP), Strikeouts, Saves, and Wins for the pitchers.

Those stats will be tallied up from Monday to Sunday and compared against your opponent for that week. Beating your opponent in one category is a run--whoever scores the most "runs" that week wins. There are 11 total possible runs to minimize ties. You only need to win 6 of the 11 categories that week to guarantee a win.

The players you'll have will be drafted during the "live draft". It'll be an online draft sometime before the season starts. You don't have to be online, though--you can preset your draft wishes and the computer system will follow your wishes as best it can (or you can just let it do it for you--it'll go by best players available then fill needs).

By the end of the season, there will be a play-off (6 or 8 teams depending on the number of players we have) with the seeds determined by overall record. Shoulder we exceed the 8-man mark, the division winners will be guaranteed a spot, but not necessarily a top seed.

Anything else that isn't clear?

Yup!

Rome
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 136
Points : 163
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Rome on Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:21 pm

Rehmix wrote:I have been looking up funny fantasy baseball team names, which one should I go with?

1. Honey Nut Ichiros
2. Grand Theft Votto
3. Street Car Named Cuddyer

Which one? (Probably won't use any of these, but they are really funny)

Rehmix Phat Beats D:

Rome
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 136
Points : 163
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Robareid on Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:00 pm

Rome wrote:
Rome wrote:

Here's the skinny:

Your goal is to field a full team--1 Catcher, 1 at each base, a short stop, 3 outfielders, and a bullpen of pitchers. Those players will be accumulating the key stats for you over the week: Batting Average, Runs, RBIs, HomeRuns, Stolen Bases, and Total Bases for the batters and ERA, Walks+Hits Per Innings (WHIP), Strikeouts, Saves, and Wins for the pitchers.

Those stats will be tallied up from Monday to Sunday and compared against your opponent for that week. Beating your opponent in one category is a run--whoever scores the most "runs" that week wins. There are 11 total possible runs to minimize ties. You only need to win 6 of the 11 categories that week to guarantee a win.

The players you'll have will be drafted during the "live draft". It'll be an online draft sometime before the season starts. You don't have to be online, though--you can preset your draft wishes and the computer system will follow your wishes as best it can (or you can just let it do it for you--it'll go by best players available then fill needs).

By the end of the season, there will be a play-off (6 or 8 teams depending on the number of players we have) with the seeds determined by overall record. Shoulder we exceed the 8-man mark, the division winners will be guaranteed a spot, but not necessarily a top seed.

Anything else that isn't clear?

Yup!

So never having watched a Baseball game in my life may hinder me Wink

If you're in need of the numbers I'll give it a go, even if it's just blind luck at first
avatar
Robareid
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 64
Points : 70
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-11
Age : 21
Location : Buckingham, England

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Rome on Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:14 pm

Robareid wrote:
So never having watched a Baseball game in my life may hinder me Wink

If you're in need of the numbers I'll give it a go, even if it's just blind luck at first

The draft isn't for 4 weeks still, so you have time to think about it and look into things before you make your decision.

Right now we have one EWN member who wants to play, you, and one JBW (SE Zero) who's mulling it over. I could probably get a 4th player if I had to (to balance it).

Rome
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 136
Points : 163
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Robareid on Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:36 pm

Rome wrote:
Robareid wrote:
So never having watched a Baseball game in my life may hinder me Wink

If you're in need of the numbers I'll give it a go, even if it's just blind luck at first

The draft isn't for 4 weeks still, so you have time to think about it and look into things before you make your decision.

Right now we have one EWN member who wants to play, you, and one JBW (SE Zero) who's mulling it over. I could probably get a 4th player if I had to (to balance it).

If SEZ decides he wants in I'll happily step out to keep the numbers even. I'll probably be crap anyway
avatar
Robareid
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 64
Points : 70
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-11
Age : 21
Location : Buckingham, England

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Rome on Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:39 pm

Robareid wrote:
If SEZ decides he wants in I'll happily step out to keep the numbers even. I'll probably be crap anyway

Lemme see if my "ace in the hole" is interested--if not, I'll try to persuade another member to join. We'll get it!

Rome
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 136
Points : 163
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Rome on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:50 pm

Which F. Baseball players would be interested in the EWN F. Football league? I'm looking at 4 divisions, 16 teams, separated regionally if I can do it.

I'm basically looking for interest and state/nation so I can figure out a good way to do it:

Already in
Rome (Ohio)
Sully (Penn)
Broc (S. Caro)

Rome
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 136
Points : 163
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Rehmix on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:20 pm

Rome wrote:Which F. Baseball players would be interested in the EWN F. Football league? I'm looking at 4 divisions, 16 teams, separated regionally if I can do it.

I'm basically looking for interest and state/nation so I can figure out a good way to do it:

Already in
Rome (Ohio)
Sully (Penn)
Broc (S. Caro)

I'm totally in on all things fantasy whenever we do it. JUST FYI ROMES! I'm in North Carolina btw.
avatar
Rehmix
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 126
Points : 130
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-02-11
Age : 27
Location : Greensboro, NC

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Rome on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:29 pm

Rehmix wrote:

I'm totally in on all things fantasy whenever we do it. JUST FYI ROMES! I'm in North Carolina btw.

Sweet! You and Broc will be in the South (right now). Dubs is in too Very Happy So excited--so many months away, though.

Rome
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 136
Points : 163
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Rehmix on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:37 pm

Rome wrote:
Rehmix wrote:

I'm totally in on all things fantasy whenever we do it. JUST FYI ROMES! I'm in North Carolina btw.

Sweet! You and Broc will be in the South (right now). Dubs is in too Very Happy So excited--so many months away, though.

Yea thats the only bad thing is that it is so far away.
avatar
Rehmix
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 126
Points : 130
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-02-11
Age : 27
Location : Greensboro, NC

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Rome on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:04 am

Daffy Duck's Finest is in and will have a rivalry with SEZ.

This'll make it 5 people a division, so how do you guys want the schedule? Here are two options:

1) 4 games against each Divisional Opponent (16) + 2 Rivalry (18) +1 against each remaining opponent (22)

OR

2) 5 against each Divisional Opponent (20) + 2 Rivalry (22)

Option 1 means you'll fight everyone at least once, 2 creates more mystery. However, #1 MIGHT be our only hope because, with odd divisional numbers, I need to find a way to make sure everyone has a match each week and rivalry matches will only fill 20 weeks worth.

Edit: Updated Rivalry list--

Rob-Rome
Air-KJPunk
Broc-Dubs
Jman-Rehmix
Daffy-SEZ

Week 1 looks like it'll be a rivalry week, so start trash talking >:]

Rome
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 136
Points : 163
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Robareid on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:40 am

Rome wrote:Daffy Duck's Finest is in and will have a rivalry with SEZ.

This'll make it 5 people a division, so how do you guys want the schedule? Here are two options:

1) 4 games against each Divisional Opponent (16) + 2 Rivalry (18) +1 against each remaining opponent (22)

OR

2) 5 against each Divisional Opponent (20) + 2 Rivalry (22)

Option 1 means you'll fight everyone at least once, 2 creates more mystery. However, #1 MIGHT be our only hope because, with odd divisional numbers, I need to find a way to make sure everyone has a match each week and rivalry matches will only fill 20 weeks worth.

Edit: Updated Rivalry list--

Rob-Rome
Air-KJPunk
Broc-Dubs
Jman-Rehmix
Daffy-SEZ

Week 1 looks like it'll be a rivalry week, so start trash talking >:]

So am I in on this, or is that R(ob)?
avatar
Robareid
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 64
Points : 70
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-11
Age : 21
Location : Buckingham, England

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Rome on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:08 pm

Robareid wrote:

So am I in on this, or is that R(ob)?

That's R(ob) Rob--I don't have another member that'll play yet to squeeze you in, but I'm working on it!

Rome
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 136
Points : 163
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Robareid on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:12 pm

Rome wrote:
Robareid wrote:

So am I in on this, or is that R(ob)?

That's R(ob) Rob--I don't have another member that'll play yet to squeeze you in, but I'm working on it!

If you can't it's fine, I'll be shit anyways as I've never even seen a baseball game
avatar
Robareid
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 64
Points : 70
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-11
Age : 21
Location : Buckingham, England

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Rome on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:48 pm

Robareid wrote:
Rome wrote:
Robareid wrote:

So am I in on this, or is that R(ob)?

That's R(ob) Rob--I don't have another member that'll play yet to squeeze you in, but I'm working on it!

If you can't it's fine, I'll be shit anyways as I've never even seen a baseball game

You're in! I got Sully to play too, so we're up 12 now! You two will be "rivals".

Rome
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 136
Points : 163
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Rehmix on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:32 pm

Figures the Warfare Heavyweight Champion would be rivals with the Warfare TV Champion.
avatar
Rehmix
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 126
Points : 130
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-02-11
Age : 27
Location : Greensboro, NC

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Rome on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:41 pm

With 6 teams in each division, I'd really like some input on the schedule.

1) 20 Divisional Games (5 opponents x 4 games), 2 Rival Games

2) 15 Divisional Games (5 x 3 games), 2 Rival Games, 5 non-divisonal games (5 x 1 game)

Or some other bastard system.

Rome
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 136
Points : 163
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Robareid on Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:29 pm

Rome wrote:

You're in! I got Sully to play too, so we're up 12 now! You two will be "rivals".

Awesome, should be interesting to see if using pure stats rather than knowledge of the game will work. If not Sully should get some easy wins

Rome wrote:With 6 teams in each division, I'd really like some input on the schedule.

1) 20 Divisional Games (5 opponents x 4 games), 2 Rival Games

2) 15 Divisional Games (5 x 3 games), 2 Rival Games, 5 non-divisonal games (5 x 1 game)

Or some other bastard system.

Option 2 would be my preferance. Everybody gets the chance to play everyone atleast once, which is nice
avatar
Robareid
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 64
Points : 70
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-11
Age : 21
Location : Buckingham, England

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  S.E. Zero on Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:51 pm

I'm playing one of the mock drafts on the site Laughing I'll post my ''team'' later today

Here it is:

1. Joey Votto (Cin - 1B)
2. Roy Halladay (Phi - SP)
3. Jered Weaver (LAA - SP)
4. Elvis Andrus (Tex - SS)
5. Ben Zobrist (TB - 2B,OF)
6. Michael Cuddyer (Col - 1B,2B,OF)
7. Matt Wieters (Bal - C)
8. Lance Berkman (StL - 1B,OF)
9. Mark Reynolds (Bal - 1B,3B)
10. Nick Swisher (NYY - 1B,OF)
11. Carlos Marmol (ChC - RP)
12. Cory Luebke (SD - SP,RP)
13. Carlos Lee (Hou - 1B,OF)
14. Jeff Francoeur (KC - OF)
15. Jaime Garcia (StL - SP)
16. Ryan Dempster (ChC - SP)
17. Frank Francisco (NYM - RP)
18. Justin Masterson (Cle - SP)
19. Gaby Sanchez (Mia - 1B)
20. Marco Scutaro (Col - SS)
21. Wilson Ramos (Was - C)
22. Danny Valencia (Min - 3B)
23. Raul Ibanez (NYY - OF)

Not bad considering I was 9 starting off Laughing


Last edited by S.E. Zero on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
S.E. Zero
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 235
Points : 247
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2012-02-11
Age : 30
Location : Humacao, P.R.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000514821421

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Rome on Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:59 pm

S.E. Zero wrote:I'm playing one of the mock drafts on the site Laughing I'll post my ''team'' later today

This is another important part:

We need to find a good time for everyone involved to be able to draft. I know Rob might be one of the hardest to make sure it works because he has weird work schedules.

Rome
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 136
Points : 163
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Rehmix on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:01 pm

Robareid wrote:
Rome wrote:With 6 teams in each division, I'd really like some input on the schedule.

1) 20 Divisional Games (5 opponents x 4 games), 2 Rival Games

2) 15 Divisional Games (5 x 3 games), 2 Rival Games, 5 non-divisonal games (5 x 1 game)

Or some other bastard system.

Option 2 would be my preferance. Everybody gets the chance to play everyone atleast once, which is nice

I also like number two and playing everyone at least once.
avatar
Rehmix
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 126
Points : 130
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-02-11
Age : 27
Location : Greensboro, NC

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Robareid on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:02 pm

Rome wrote:
S.E. Zero wrote:I'm playing one of the mock drafts on the site Laughing I'll post my ''team'' later today

This is another important part:

We need to find a good time for everyone involved to be able to draft. I know Rob might be one of the hardest to make sure it works because he has weird work schedules.

Time differences are also going to be a bugger, for me atleast. Am I the only Brit doing this *checks roster* I'm not sure about KJ Punk, but for the rest I think so


Last edited by Robareid on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Robareid
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 64
Points : 70
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-11
Age : 21
Location : Buckingham, England

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  S.E. Zero on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:03 pm

Team is posted Smile
avatar
S.E. Zero
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 235
Points : 247
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2012-02-11
Age : 30
Location : Humacao, P.R.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000514821421

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Rome on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:14 pm

Oh, hey, another important question:

Playoffs! Consolation brackets happen during the same time frame, but may be shifted back one week depending on number. Here's yahoo's page on it: Here

4, 6, or 8?

4 - Division Winners + 2 best overall. Rest fall into a consolation bracket (highest finish for them is #5)

6 - Half the teams, Division Winners + 4 at large. Rest in consolation bracket. #1 and #2 get byes.

8 - Best 8 overall (division winners, duh), other 4 in consolation.


4 feels stupid and limiting. I like 6 because it's exactly half, but 8 lets more players into the main bracket and doesn't give anyone a bye (consolation round would get a bye week, then #9 vs #12, etc).

Rome
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 136
Points : 163
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  S.E. Zero on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:17 pm

Rome wrote:Oh, hey, another important question:

Playoffs! Consolation brackets happen during the same time frame, but may be shifted back one week depending on number. Here's yahoo's page on it: Here

4, 6, or 8?

4 - Division Winners + 2 best overall. Rest fall into a consolation bracket (highest finish for them is #5)

6 - Half the teams, Division Winners + 4 at large. Rest in consolation bracket. #1 and #2 get byes.

8 - Best 8 overall (division winners, duh), other 4 in consolation.


4 feels stupid and limiting. I like 6 because it's exactly half, but 8 lets more players into the main bracket and doesn't give anyone a bye (consolation round would get a bye week, then #9 vs #12, etc).


I vote 6 but 8 would be good too
avatar
S.E. Zero
Jabroni
Jabroni

Posts : 235
Points : 247
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2012-02-11
Age : 30
Location : Humacao, P.R.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000514821421

Back to top Go down

Re: JBW Fantasy Baseball League

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum