JBW: JUSTIFIABLY BADASS WRESTLING
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» PotterMore: Anyone else on it?
RELIGION DISCUSSION EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:30 pm by BlackFalcon

» THE MUSIC THREAD
RELIGION DISCUSSION EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:19 pm by BlackFalcon

» I Wanna' Be, The Very Best! -- A Pokemon Tribute Thread
RELIGION DISCUSSION EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:09 pm by BlackFalcon

» WARFare Draft Show Prediction Contest Results
RELIGION DISCUSSION EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 4:57 pm by HolyJose

» JBW Show Feedback Thread.
RELIGION DISCUSSION EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 4:46 pm by Rome

» Mayhem "We're back" Episode
RELIGION DISCUSSION EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 5:17 am by Robareid

» WARFare Draft Show Prediction Contest
RELIGION DISCUSSION EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 4:34 am by Robareid

» YAY!!!!!!!!!!
RELIGION DISCUSSION EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:12 am by S.E. Zero

» NEW Daniel May profile
RELIGION DISCUSSION EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 5:35 am by Enforcer

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 186 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:31 pm
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of JBW: JUSTIFIABLY BADASS WRESTLING on your social bookmarking website

RELIGION DISCUSSION

+4
HolyJose
Poot-Hair
LRB
Rated_R(ob)KO
8 posters

Go down

RELIGION DISCUSSION Empty RELIGION DISCUSSION

Post  Rated_R(ob)KO Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:42 pm

If you have questions, concerns, or just want to discuss religion and all things surrounding it, please do so here. NO FLAMING!!
Rated_R(ob)KO
Rated_R(ob)KO
COO Of JBW (Admin)
COO Of JBW (Admin)

https://jbwrestling.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

RELIGION DISCUSSION Empty Re: RELIGION DISCUSSION

Post  LRB Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:50 pm

I'll start. Let me start off by saying yes, I am a Christian. Let me also say that no, I am not delusional enough to throw away scientific facts in favor of faith. I just wanted to post something I had been thinking about. Ok, can we Christians be real and say that evolution might as well be the Law of Evolution and not the Theory because it is constantly proven right before our eyes. I had been thinking about the whole evolution from a common ancestor as monkeys alot and this thought popped into my head. "What if Adam and Eve were the first humans given souls, not just the first humans created?" Perhaps the moment that God gave us souls was when human beings as we knew them first appeared. Thoughts?
LRB
LRB
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Poot-Hair Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:25 am

LRB wrote:I'll start. Let me start off by saying yes, I am a Christian. Let me also say that no, I am not delusional enough to throw away scientific facts in favor of faith. I just wanted to post something I had been thinking about. Ok, can we Christians be real and say that evolution might as well be the Law of Evolution and not the Theory because it is constantly proven right before our eyes. I had been thinking about the whole evolution from a common ancestor as monkeys alot and this thought popped into my head. "What if Adam and Eve were the first humans given souls, not just the first humans created?" Perhaps the moment that God gave us souls was when human beings as we knew them first appeared. Thoughts?
As a child I was a youth Minister (crazy right?) and I've studied the Bible through and through for years. When I was in Iraq, and later in Afghanistan I spent literally HOURS studying the Bible.

I tend to agree with you about Adam and Eve being the first humans given souls. We all know about evolution (theory of or law of). My theory is that maybe early humans (neanderthals) were God's "starting point" in perfecting the human race. Then when he was happy with what he did, he gave them souls. Idk but I've always thought this.
Poot-Hair
Poot-Hair
The Southern Freak Mod
The Southern Freak Mod

Location : Ider Alabama...washing the dirt...and poo off my soul

Back to top Go down

Post  HolyJose Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:54 pm

Alright I just got back from Mass and I agree Adam and Eve were the first with souls allowed into heaven the garden of Eden and on the topic of evolution god created everything so evolution as a trait to survive
HolyJose
HolyJose
The Mexican Mod
The Mexican Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackFalcon Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:40 pm

Let me say that I'm an Agnostic to start off with. I believe in the possibility of a higher power in the Universe, I just don't want to name it and try to make it exclusive to me. The one thing I hate most is when people try to say their beliefs are better than anyone else's. In my opinion all religious followings have equal footing. I also hate people who try to squash people's belief because they prefer the scientific explanation. One conversation I had with a person.

Person: Evolution and The Big Bang Theory prove that there is no higher power.

Me: Firstly, the Big Bang Theory is just that, a THEORY. Secondly, how do you know the higher power didn't make the Big Bang and Evolution as part of it's design?

Person: .... Well you can't prove that!

ME: So? That doesn't mean it's not possible.

That conversation pretty much sums up my beliefs and opinions on the matter.
BlackFalcon
BlackFalcon
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Rehmix Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:07 pm

BlackFalcon wrote:Let me say that I'm an Agnostic to start off with. I believe in the possibility of a higher power in the Universe, I just don't want to name it and try to make it exclusive to me. The one thing I hate most is when people try to say their beliefs are better than anyone else's. In my opinion all religious followings have equal footing. I also hate people who try to squash people's belief because they prefer the scientific explanation. One conversation I had with a person.

Person: Evolution and The Big Bang Theory prove that there is no higher power.

Me: Firstly, the Big Bang Theory is just that, a THEORY. Secondly, how do you know the higher power didn't make the Big Bang and Evolution as part of it's design?

Person: .... Well you can't prove that!

ME: So? That doesn't mean it's not possible.

That conversation pretty much sums up my beliefs and opinions on the matter.

I am a Christian and I love your opinion. I appreciate people who allow people to freely believe what they want to. I allow others to freely believe what they want and I feel they should have that. Doesn't mean that I don't want them to have my belief it's just that I'm not willing to shove that on other people. yea I want them to fully believe that I just know that that's not the way to do it.
Rehmix
Rehmix
Jabroni
Jabroni

Back to top Go down

Post  Rome Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:52 pm

This isn't me trying to put down a religion, this is just me trying to have a little bit of fun on a Wednesday:

Today is Lent, and well all know what that means! The "Lent Drinking Game"! How does it work? When you leave your house in the morning, you start counting the number of people you see with a dirt cross on their forehead--rules may vary from "every time" to "every unique time". When you arrive home later that day (for good that day), you take that number, pour out an equal number of shots, and GO TO TOWN!

This year's number: 24. Oh fuck me.

Rome
Jabroni
Jabroni

Back to top Go down

Post  Rehmix Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:22 pm

Rome wrote:This isn't me trying to put down a religion, this is just me trying to have a little bit of fun on a Wednesday:

Today is Lent, and well all know what that means! The "Lent Drinking Game"! How does it work? When you leave your house in the morning, you start counting the number of people you see with a dirt cross on their forehead--rules may vary from "every time" to "every unique time". When you arrive home later that day (for good that day), you take that number, pour out an equal number of shots, and GO TO TOWN!

Well that sucks for you. Saw no one today so I'm good then I guess.
Rehmix
Rehmix
Jabroni
Jabroni

Back to top Go down

Post  SLEEPY LOCO Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:26 pm

Rome wrote:This isn't me trying to put down a religion, this is just me trying to have a little bit of fun on a Wednesday:

It is palm ashes not dirt.

Since I went to church today and got my ashes I would be fucked if I tried to play. pale

SLEEPY LOCO
Green
Green

Back to top Go down

Post  Rome Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:40 pm

SLEEPY LOCO wrote:
It is palm ashes not dirt.

Since I went to church today and got my ashes I would be fucked if I tried to play. pale

I wasn't trying to mess up--churches around here actually use dirt o.O

Rome
Jabroni
Jabroni

Back to top Go down

Post  HolyJose Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:20 pm

Proudly sporting my ash cross so up that number and yeah I'd have to take at least 100 shots since I went to my campus ministries mass I'm sure that's more than the legal limit
HolyJose
HolyJose
The Mexican Mod
The Mexican Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  SLEEPY LOCO Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:22 am

HolyJose wrote:Proudly sporting my ash cross so up that number and yeah I'd have to take at least 100 shots since I went to my campus ministries mass I'm sure that's more than the legal limit

Lol, I wiped mine off as soon as I got out of the church and got into my car. I only go to church because of my grandparents guilt me into going on the major church days...Ash Wednesday, Easter Sunday and Christmas. Plus I always get a free lunch out of them after.

SLEEPY LOCO
Green
Green

Back to top Go down

Post  Rated_R(ob)KO Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:57 am

I'm not Religious at all... if anything, I believe in Cthulhu more than anything else. My theory is:

"If you people can believe in a made up figure, so can I."

Very Happy ... Not knocking anyones beliefs or anything, just my thoughts. I would love for everyone here to get into a Religious discussion... of course we won't let it get out of hand... I wouldn't want to shut this part down or anything.

So let me start off by asking... WHY do you believe in Jesus? (Remember, this is just to start discussion.)
Rated_R(ob)KO
Rated_R(ob)KO
COO Of JBW (Admin)
COO Of JBW (Admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  SLEEPY LOCO Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:07 am

Rated_R(ob)KO wrote:I'm not Religious at all... if anything, I believe in Cthulhu more than anything else. My theory is:

"If you people can believe in a made up figure, so can I."

Very Happy ... Not knocking anyones beliefs or anything, just my thoughts. I would love for everyone here to get into a Religious discussion... of course we won't let it get out of hand... I wouldn't want to shut this part down or anything.

So let me start off by asking... WHY do you believe in Jesus? (Remember, this is just to start discussion.)

I grew up going to church but I wouldn't say I'm religous. I'm just mexican.

I believe Jesus was a real person but I don't believe him to have any supernatural powers. I don't believe in God, but I do believe that the Earth has a living spirit(Gaia).

SLEEPY LOCO
Green
Green

Back to top Go down

Post  Rated_R(ob)KO Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:11 am

Interesting. I believe Earth has a living spirit as well. And I won't deny Jesus to be human but, I believe he was one of the first Magicians to fully capture people into his palms like he did... and I believe that was also his downfall.

I cannot say for certain if there is a "God" per say but, I think something is out there... I'm just not quite sure as to what though.
Rated_R(ob)KO
Rated_R(ob)KO
COO Of JBW (Admin)
COO Of JBW (Admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  SLEEPY LOCO Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:47 am

It's funny that you say that Jesus was a magician because the three wise men were Magi, who were the original magicians.

SLEEPY LOCO
Green
Green

Back to top Go down

Post  HolyJose Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:26 am

I believe in Christ because one I grew up with the teachings and two to know that someone died for me? That pretty fucking powerful for me words can't describe it but there is the feeling that you get
HolyJose
HolyJose
The Mexican Mod
The Mexican Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  LRB Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:21 pm

I believe because it's an indescribable feeling. It feels like I have a void in myself is filled once I started believing. It feels like I can feel that my soul is complete because I know Christ.
LRB
LRB
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum