JBW: JUSTIFIABLY BADASS WRESTLING
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» PotterMore: Anyone else on it?
The Great Debate: Greatest Match in Wrestling History EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:30 pm by BlackFalcon

» THE MUSIC THREAD
The Great Debate: Greatest Match in Wrestling History EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:19 pm by BlackFalcon

» I Wanna' Be, The Very Best! -- A Pokemon Tribute Thread
The Great Debate: Greatest Match in Wrestling History EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:09 pm by BlackFalcon

» WARFare Draft Show Prediction Contest Results
The Great Debate: Greatest Match in Wrestling History EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 4:57 pm by HolyJose

» JBW Show Feedback Thread.
The Great Debate: Greatest Match in Wrestling History EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 4:46 pm by Rome

» Mayhem "We're back" Episode
The Great Debate: Greatest Match in Wrestling History EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 5:17 am by Robareid

» WARFare Draft Show Prediction Contest
The Great Debate: Greatest Match in Wrestling History EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 4:34 am by Robareid

» YAY!!!!!!!!!!
The Great Debate: Greatest Match in Wrestling History EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:12 am by S.E. Zero

» NEW Daniel May profile
The Great Debate: Greatest Match in Wrestling History EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 5:35 am by Enforcer

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 186 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:31 pm
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of JBW: JUSTIFIABLY BADASS WRESTLING on your social bookmarking website

The Great Debate: Greatest Match in Wrestling History

+6
LRB
Self-Destruction
BlackFalcon
S.E. Zero
HolyJose
Rome
10 posters

Go down

The Great Debate: Greatest Match in Wrestling History Empty The Great Debate: Greatest Match in Wrestling History

Post  Rome Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:06 pm

Come on, folks! Let's get this ball rolling!

Keep it clean and respectable. There is no right answer.

Here's the debate question: What match is the greatest in Wrestling History? The promotion doesn't matter, but the more obscure (or Japanese) promotions might need video proof to back your claims--though videos help even if you're pulling for Michaels-Angle at whatever 'Mania they went at it.

Rome
Jabroni
Jabroni

Back to top Go down

The Great Debate: Greatest Match in Wrestling History Empty Re: The Great Debate: Greatest Match in Wrestling History

Post  HolyJose Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:09 pm

Benoit vs. Michaels vs. Triple H for the World Heavyweight Championship at WM 20 in my opinion
HolyJose
HolyJose
The Mexican Mod
The Mexican Mod

Back to top Go down

The Great Debate: Greatest Match in Wrestling History Empty Re: The Great Debate: Greatest Match in Wrestling History

Post  S.E. Zero Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:16 pm

HolyJose wrote:Benoit vs. Michaels vs. Triple H for the World Heavyweight Championship at WM 20 in my opinion

THIS!!! One of the greatest matches of all time for sure.
S.E. Zero
S.E. Zero
Jabroni
Jabroni

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000514821421

Back to top Go down

Post  HolyJose Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:49 pm

S.E. Zero wrote:
HolyJose wrote:Benoit vs. Michaels vs. Triple H for the World Heavyweight Championship at WM 20 in my opinion

THIS!!! One of the greatest matches of all time for sure.
For me because it happened when I first started watching wrestling and seein the emotion and skill put it there just hasn't been that great of a trie threat match since
HolyJose
HolyJose
The Mexican Mod
The Mexican Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  S.E. Zero Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:53 pm

HolyJose wrote:For me because it happened when I first started watching wrestling and see in the emotion and skill put it there just hasn't been that great of a triple threat match since

I enjoyed it because it was a momentous WrestleMania in itself but to end the night on such a high note and then the celebration with Benoit and Guerrero at the end was a moment I have yet to and will most likely never forget. It truly was one of the greatest matches I've seen in my lifetime thus far.
S.E. Zero
S.E. Zero
Jabroni
Jabroni

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000514821421

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackFalcon Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:32 pm

My personal fave: Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero, SummerSlam 2005, Ladder Match for custody of Dominick
BlackFalcon
BlackFalcon
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  HolyJose Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:55 pm

BlackFalcon wrote:My personal fave: Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero, SummerSlam 2005, Ladder Match for custody of Dominick

The storytelling in that match was amazing but Benoit and Eddie in the ring together hugging it out RIP to both men
HolyJose
HolyJose
The Mexican Mod
The Mexican Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Self-Destruction Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:51 am

1. Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker - WM 25
2. Chris Benoit vs Triple H vs Shawn Michaels - WM 20
3. Undertaker vs Mankind - King of the Ring 1998
4. The Rock vs Stone Cold Steve Austin - WM 17
5. Mankind vs The Rock - Royal Rumble 1999

In the last year

1. CM Punk vs John Cena - Money in the Bank
2. Austin Aries vs Low Ki vs Jack Evans vs Zema Ion - Destination X
3. The Miz vs Alberto Del Rio vs CM Punk - TLC
4. Randy Orton vs Christian - Over the Limit
5. Undertaker vs Triple H - WM
Self-Destruction
Self-Destruction
Dreamer
Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post  LRB Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:38 am

Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels Iron Man Match.
LRB
LRB
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  KashDinero Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:11 am

Man, this is obviously impossible to nail down to just one match, but at a push, I think I'll have to say that seeing as Wrestlemania IS the grandest stage of them all, and Taker vs Shawn was the greatest match in ManiaHistory in terms of leaving you feeling like you just watched something special.

The Benoit vs HHH vs HBK match is a close second; the after match celebration is still my favourite moment in wrestling history. I remember reading about The Pegasus Kid close to twenty years ago, and when he finally won the big one on the biggest stage of them all and got to celebrate with Eddie 'fn' Guerrero, it made me mark out like a fourteen year old girl at a Take That concert.. (Theres a HolyJose joke in there somewhere but I'll steer clear of that one. I wouldn't want any of you to follow suit--Jose might ban you for it! tongue )

KashDinero
CEO Of JBW (Admin)
CEO Of JBW (Admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  HolyJose Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:43 pm

KashDinero wrote:Man, this is obviously impossible to nail down to just one match, but at a push, I think I'll have to say that seeing as Wrestlemania IS the grandest stage of them all, and Taker vs Shawn was the greatest match in ManiaHistory in terms of leaving you feeling like you just watched something special.

The Benoit vs HHH vs HBK match is a close second; the after match celebration is still my favourite moment in wrestling history. I remember reading about The Pegasus Kid close to twenty years ago, and when he finally won the big one on the biggest stage of them all and got to celebrate with Eddie 'fn' Guerrero, it made me mark out like a fourteen year old girl at a Take That concert.. (Theres a HolyJose joke in there somewhere but I'll steer clear of that one. I wouldn't want any of you to follow suit--Jose might ban you for it! tongue )

It's alright I can take a joke!

Though if you follow suit and go too far you'll get an infraction :p
HolyJose
HolyJose
The Mexican Mod
The Mexican Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  K-Jammin Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:57 pm

Man, this is tough Mad But I'll also have to go for Taker Vs HBK at WM 25. Considering they had both already reached legendary status and obviously it was at Wrestlemania. Bret Hart Vs Steve Austin at WM 13 is a close second IMO though.
K-Jammin
K-Jammin
The Mod Boss
The Mod Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Snair Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:45 am

I'll go for Kurt vs HBK at WM along with HBK vs HHH at Summerslam
Snair
Snair
Green
Green

Back to top Go down

Post  K-Jammin Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:42 am

Can't believe I missed this out, but also Savage Vs Steamboat at WM 3.
K-Jammin
K-Jammin
The Mod Boss
The Mod Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  LRB Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:07 pm

Chris Benoit vs William Regal at the Brian Pillman Memorial Show, that was off the chain.
LRB
LRB
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  KashDinero Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:47 pm

LRB wrote:Chris Benoit vs William Regal at the Brian Pillman Memorial Show, that was off the chain.

I was going to mention this match.. Without that match Regal might not have eber made it back to WWE.

KashDinero
CEO Of JBW (Admin)
CEO Of JBW (Admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  SLEEPY LOCO Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:57 pm

Bret Hart vs Chris Benoit - Owen Hart tribute match in WCW.

I will always remember this match due to the emotion that both men showed during and after that match. I still watch this match from timt to time and love it as much as the first time I watched it. Neutral

SLEEPY LOCO
Green
Green

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down