JBW: JUSTIFIABLY BADASS WRESTLING
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» PotterMore: Anyone else on it?
THE MOVIE THREAD EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:30 pm by BlackFalcon

» THE MUSIC THREAD
THE MOVIE THREAD EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:19 pm by BlackFalcon

» I Wanna' Be, The Very Best! -- A Pokemon Tribute Thread
THE MOVIE THREAD EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:09 pm by BlackFalcon

» WARFare Draft Show Prediction Contest Results
THE MOVIE THREAD EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 4:57 pm by HolyJose

» JBW Show Feedback Thread.
THE MOVIE THREAD EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 4:46 pm by Rome

» Mayhem "We're back" Episode
THE MOVIE THREAD EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 5:17 am by Robareid

» WARFare Draft Show Prediction Contest
THE MOVIE THREAD EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 4:34 am by Robareid

» YAY!!!!!!!!!!
THE MOVIE THREAD EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:12 am by S.E. Zero

» NEW Daniel May profile
THE MOVIE THREAD EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 5:35 am by Enforcer

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 186 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:31 pm
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of JBW: JUSTIFIABLY BADASS WRESTLING on your social bookmarking website

THE MOVIE THREAD

+6
Wade Barrett 1979
Rehmix
K-Jammin
BlackFalcon
S.E. Zero
Rated_R(ob)KO
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

THE MOVIE THREAD Empty THE MOVIE THREAD

Post  Rated_R(ob)KO Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:19 pm

This is a welcome to the movies area. Please discuss and bicker about any movies here. New, old, doesn't matter!
Rated_R(ob)KO
Rated_R(ob)KO
COO Of JBW (Admin)
COO Of JBW (Admin)

https://jbwrestling.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

THE MOVIE THREAD Empty Re: THE MOVIE THREAD

Post  S.E. Zero Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:11 pm

Went out this weekend and saw Underworld: Awakening, I gotta say it awesome and left a lot intrigue as to whether more films of this saga would continue and if there I look to seeing them Very Happy
S.E. Zero
S.E. Zero
Jabroni
Jabroni

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000514821421

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackFalcon Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:57 pm

Need to go see Woman in Black this week.
BlackFalcon
BlackFalcon
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  K-Jammin Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:03 pm

Thoughts on the Dark Knight Rises trailer?
K-Jammin
K-Jammin
The Mod Boss
The Mod Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  S.E. Zero Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:09 pm

K-Jammin wrote:Thoughts on the Dark Knight Rises trailer?

Nolan and Batman = Nothing better. The Dark Knight Rises is gonna be awesome. Thing is I feel they can do more if the ending is right, I just don't want this new outlook on Batman to end anytime soon.
S.E. Zero
S.E. Zero
Jabroni
Jabroni

Back to top Go down

Post  K-Jammin Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:15 pm

S.E. Zero wrote:
K-Jammin wrote:Thoughts on the Dark Knight Rises trailer?

Nolan and Batman = Nothing better. The Dark Knight Rises is gonna be awesome. Thing is I feel they can do more if the ending is right, I just don't want this new outlook on Batman to end anytime soon.

Unfortunately it appears this will be the last one Sad Obviously someone else will come along and re invent the franchise, but Nolan made the Batman franchise so much more interesting! Psyched about Bain being in the film though, will be interesting to see how well Tom Hardy portrays him.

Apparently The Joker was supposed to be the main villain once again, but obviously Heath Ledger unfortunately passed and no one else will EVER be able to do that character justice. I thought no one would ever play a better Joker than Jack Nicholson did in the 1989 Batman, but Ledger completely smashed it out the park.
K-Jammin
K-Jammin
The Mod Boss
The Mod Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  S.E. Zero Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:30 pm

K-Jammin wrote:
Unfortunately it appears this will be the last one Sad Obviously someone else will come along and re invent the franchise, but Nolan made the Batman franchise so much more interesting! Psyched about Bain being in the film though, will be interesting to see how well Tom Hardy portrays him.

Apparently The Joker was supposed to be the main villain once again, but obviously Heath Ledger unfortunately passed and no one else will EVER be able to do that character justice. I thought no one would ever play a better Joker than Jack Nicholson did in the 1989 Batman, but Ledger completely smashed it out the park.

I was literally blown away on how well Ledger captured the raw insanity and brilliance that Joker when planning to kill The Batman. I would've loved to see him as a villain again. Though looking at his villains a great choice aside from Bane and Catwoman I believe a new Riddler or having Harley Quinn come out from the shadows and try to show the world her love for Joker by killing The Batman would've been EPIC. Smile
S.E. Zero
S.E. Zero
Jabroni
Jabroni

Back to top Go down

Post  Rehmix Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:34 pm

S.E. Zero wrote:I was literally blown away on how well Ledger captured the raw insanity and brilliance that Joker when planning to kill The Batman. I would've loved to see him as a villain again. Though looking at his villains a great choice aside from Bane and Catwoman I believe a new Riddler or having Harley Quinn come out from the shadows and try to show the world her love for Joker by killing The Batman would've been EPIC. Smile

I was actually disappointed when they announced it was Bane. I don't think that he was the best choice. There were so many other great villans that could have done a lot better than Bane.
Rehmix
Rehmix
Jabroni
Jabroni

Back to top Go down

Post  S.E. Zero Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:37 pm

Rehmix wrote:
I was actually disappointed when they announced it was Bane. I don't think that he was the best choice. There were so many other great villans that could have done a lot better than Bane.

Indeed, but such is the movie biz and we can only hope it will do The Batman/Nolan saga justice
S.E. Zero
S.E. Zero
Jabroni
Jabroni

Back to top Go down

Post  K-Jammin Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:46 pm

Rehmix wrote:
S.E. Zero wrote:I was literally blown away on how well Ledger captured the raw insanity and brilliance that Joker when planning to kill The Batman. I would've loved to see him as a villain again. Though looking at his villains a great choice aside from Bane and Catwoman I believe a new Riddler or having Harley Quinn come out from the shadows and try to show the world her love for Joker by killing The Batman would've been EPIC. Smile

Initially I was disappointed to hear Bane was the villain. But I thought it would be interesting to see a different dimension to the character, because in the games and comics he is just a muscled up monster who doesn't really speak and just crushes everything without really have any motive for it. But he speaks alot in this movie, and is much more human like. If the character turns out to be shit, I'll buy you a cyber pint Wink
K-Jammin
K-Jammin
The Mod Boss
The Mod Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  S.E. Zero Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:55 pm

K-Jammin wrote:
Initially I was disappointed to hear Bane was the villain. But I thought it would be interesting to see a different dimension to the character, because in the games and comics he is just a muscled up monster who doesn't really speak and just crushes everything without really have any motive for it. But he speaks alot in this movie, and is much more human like. If the character turns out to be shit, I'll buy you a cyber pint Wink

I'll hold you to that Wink
S.E. Zero
S.E. Zero
Jabroni
Jabroni

Back to top Go down

Post  Wade Barrett 1979 Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:04 pm

I had the same reservations when I heard about Bane and Catwoman but I'll reserve judgement, as the first two films were so good. Plus I like Tom Hardy as an actor.

Ledger will be an extremely hard act to follow though, that had a lot to do with the last films ridiculously high box office numbers!

It's the joint top film I'm looking forward to this year, along with Prometheus!

Off Batman topic, why am I torturing myself by watching Ghost Rider?
Wade Barrett 1979
Wade Barrett 1979
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  K-Jammin Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:06 pm

Wade Barrett 1979 wrote:I had the same reservations when I heard about Bane and Catwoman but I'll reserve judgement, as the first two films were so good. Plus I like Tom Hardy as an actor.

Ledger will be an extremely hard act to follow though, that had a lot to do with the last films ridiculously high box office numbers!

It's the joint top film I'm looking forward to this year, along with Prometheus!

Off Batman topic, why am I torturing myself by watching Ghost Rider?

Is Promoetheus an Alien prequel? Either way it looks epic!

... and TURN OFF GHOST RIDER!!!!!!
K-Jammin
K-Jammin
The Mod Boss
The Mod Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Wade Barrett 1979 Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:12 pm

K-Jammin wrote:Is Promoetheus an Alien prequel? Either way it looks epic!

Kind of, I don't think it's a direct prequal but it's set in the same Universe and is directed by Ridley Scott.

I can't help it, it's like when you find it hard not to look at a car crash! You can't do it. Laughing
Wade Barrett 1979
Wade Barrett 1979
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  K-Jammin Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:17 pm

Wade Barrett 1979 wrote:
K-Jammin wrote:Is Promoetheus an Alien prequel? Either way it looks epic!

Kind of, I don't think it's a direct prequal but it's set in the same Universe and is directed by Ridley Scott.

I can't help it, it's like when you find it hard not to look at a car crash! You can't do it. Laughing

Thought so. I heard Scott's also doing a Blade Runner 2, which I'm not sure whether I'm pleased about seeing as the first one is one of my favourite films ever, and sequels are more often than not extremely shite!
K-Jammin
K-Jammin
The Mod Boss
The Mod Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Wade Barrett 1979 Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:20 pm

K-Jammin wrote:Thought so. I heard Scott's also doing a Blade Runner 2, which I'm not sure whether I'm pleased about seeing as the first one is one of my favourite films ever, and sequels are more often than not extremely shite!

I hadn't heard about a Blade Runner sequal. Not sure how I feel about that either. As you say, it's an absolute classic and one of my faves too. Sometimes things are best left alone!
Wade Barrett 1979
Wade Barrett 1979
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackFalcon Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:40 pm

ANyone else watch the Baftas 2nite?
BlackFalcon
BlackFalcon
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  HolyJose Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:40 pm

I'm calling It now Batman as in Bruce Wayne dies and someone else picks up the cowl
HolyJose
HolyJose
The Mexican Mod
The Mexican Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Rated_R(ob)KO Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:54 am

K-Jammin wrote:
Rehmix wrote:

Okay.... whoa, whoa, whoa... KJ, have you ever even READ a Batman comic? To say that Bane is just a monster who smashes shit and doesn't talk is a HORRIBLE misjudgment on his character to say the LEAST! Bane was the one responsible for breaking Batman's back in the 90's. He set up a plan and unleashed EVERY villain from Arkham and Blackgate. At the same time. He made Batman go after every single one of them and drove him to his weakest point ever.

And literally when Batman put the last one away, Bane struck him. At his home. Annihilated him and broke him. And that was his first story against Batman. Bane is actually Ra's Al Ghul's minion. He is a bio-terrorist and has The League Of Shadows at his command. He's also a VERY awesome member of The Suicide Squad in the comics.

I will say, when I found out Bane was the main villain, I was stoked!! The version in the Schumaker gay fest was exactly just that. Gay. They made him into some sort of Poison Ivy plant monster... LULWUT?? Either way.. this movie will do him justice. I have my own feelings as to what this movie will be about so, I won't say them unless you want me to. But please guys, I implore you to look up Bane's history before being sad about him being the baddy. Hell... he's not even the MAIN baddy in the film.... oops... I've said too much. Wink
Rated_R(ob)KO
Rated_R(ob)KO
COO Of JBW (Admin)
COO Of JBW (Admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  HolyJose Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:59 am

I heard somewhere Btman might be the main bad guy...or have I said too much?
HolyJose
HolyJose
The Mexican Mod
The Mexican Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Rated_R(ob)KO Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:01 am

HolyJose wrote:I'm calling It now Batman as in Bruce Wayne dies and someone else picks up the cowl

No. Bruce Wayne won't die. I've done my research on the film. I know exactly how it's going to play out. Smile
Rated_R(ob)KO
Rated_R(ob)KO
COO Of JBW (Admin)
COO Of JBW (Admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  Rated_R(ob)KO Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:02 am

HolyJose wrote:I heard somewhere Btman might be the main bad guy...or have I said too much?

TECHNICALLY according to Gotham, Batman IS the main bad guy. That is... until Bane shows up.
Rated_R(ob)KO
Rated_R(ob)KO
COO Of JBW (Admin)
COO Of JBW (Admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  HolyJose Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:06 am

Rated_R(ob)KO wrote:
HolyJose wrote:I'm calling It now Batman as in Bruce Wayne dies and someone else picks up the cowl

No. Bruce Wayne won't die. I've done my research on the film. I know exactly how it's going to play out. Smile

Damn I really liked that theory....I kinda wanna know...PM Nao!
HolyJose
HolyJose
The Mexican Mod
The Mexican Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  K-Jammin Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:49 am

Well I stand corrected, never seen those comics. But please don't talk about the Bane in the George Clooney Batman, still trying to block in from my mind Neutral
K-Jammin
K-Jammin
The Mod Boss
The Mod Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Rated_R(ob)KO Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:50 am

K-Jammin wrote:Well I stand corrected, never seen those comics. But please don't talk about the Bane in the George Clooney Batman, still trying to block in from my mind Neutral

YOU??? Shit, I've been a Batman fanboy my entire LIFE! How do you think I FELT???
Rated_R(ob)KO
Rated_R(ob)KO
COO Of JBW (Admin)
COO Of JBW (Admin)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next