JBW: JUSTIFIABLY BADASS WRESTLING
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» PotterMore: Anyone else on it?
Fitness Thread EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:30 pm by BlackFalcon

» THE MUSIC THREAD
Fitness Thread EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:19 pm by BlackFalcon

» I Wanna' Be, The Very Best! -- A Pokemon Tribute Thread
Fitness Thread EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:09 pm by BlackFalcon

» WARFare Draft Show Prediction Contest Results
Fitness Thread EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 4:57 pm by HolyJose

» JBW Show Feedback Thread.
Fitness Thread EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 4:46 pm by Rome

» Mayhem "We're back" Episode
Fitness Thread EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 5:17 am by Robareid

» WARFare Draft Show Prediction Contest
Fitness Thread EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 4:34 am by Robareid

» YAY!!!!!!!!!!
Fitness Thread EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:12 am by S.E. Zero

» NEW Daniel May profile
Fitness Thread EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 5:35 am by Enforcer

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 186 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:31 pm
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of JBW: JUSTIFIABLY BADASS WRESTLING on your social bookmarking website

Fitness Thread

5 posters

Go down

Fitness Thread Empty Fitness Thread

Post  LRB Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:52 pm

I figured we needed a thread to talk about gym stuff. I recently got a gym membership to work out and try to get down to my basic training weight of 175. I also want to tone up and shit so I'll look like a bad ass instead of a fat ass. I am going to hit the gym 4 days a week and do an upper/lower split. My main problem is that I don't really know how/what to eat. I guess I can just live off tuna fish, fruit, and vegetables until goal weight is achieved. Oh, how I'd love to be a body builder type who can eat whatever he wants.
LRB
LRB
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Fitness Thread Empty Re: Fitness Thread

Post  S.E. Zero Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:33 pm

LRB wrote:I figured we needed a thread to talk about gym stuff. I recently got a gym membership to work out and try to get down to my basic training weight of 175. I also want to tone up and shit so I'll look like a bad ass instead of a fat ass. I am going to hit the gym 4 days a week and do an upper/lower split. My main problem is that I don't really know how/what to eat. I guess I can just live off tuna fish, fruit, and vegetables until goal weight is achieved. Oh, how I'd love to be a body builder type who can eat whatever he wants.

Well protein helps, so protein shakes, certain types of meats like chicken (not fried), eggs (usually boiled with little to no salt is good) umm...few carbs so multigrain bread is good too, very few pastas and uhhh....lot of water if you splurge in drinks and soda and what not it builds up so when thirsty drink a lot of water it helps.

Thats about all I think at the moment if I think off more I'll let you know. Good luck with this.
S.E. Zero
S.E. Zero
Jabroni
Jabroni

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000514821421

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackFalcon Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:37 pm

LRB wrote:I figured we needed a thread to talk about gym stuff. I recently got a gym membership to work out and try to get down to my basic training weight of 175. I also want to tone up and shit so I'll look like a bad ass instead of a fat ass. I am going to hit the gym 4 days a week and do an upper/lower split. My main problem is that I don't really know how/what to eat. I guess I can just live off tuna fish, fruit, and vegetables until goal weight is achieved. Oh, how I'd love to be a body builder type who can eat whatever he wants.

Know what you mean man. I'm 17. 5ft 11.5 inches and 16 stone 8 (or 232 pounds for those who don't realize) at my last weigh-in. I'm hoping to shed the fat and get down to about 200/210, then start toning up. But I A) Don't know how to set up a diet plan and B) Don't know how to get a good exercise regime going, but I will sign up to a gym ASAP, tho I don't know what I'll do there. ANy advice would be welcomed.
BlackFalcon
BlackFalcon
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernBlood Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:28 pm

BlackFalcon wrote:

Know what you mean man. I'm 17. 5ft 11.5 inches and 16 stone 8 (or 232 pounds for those who don't realize) at my last weigh-in. I'm hoping to shed the fat and get down to about 200/210, then start toning up. But I A) Don't know how to set up a diet plan and B) Don't know how to get a good exercise regime going, but I will sign up to a gym ASAP, tho I don't know what I'll do there. ANy advice would be welcomed.

Just find a routine that works for you,be it push ups,sit ups,curls with weights in both hands(Those really help work the entire upper body) and once you figure out the best way to go,dont overdo it,then youll be too sore to go again the next day..start off slow,keeping track of how much you can comfortably do at a time,even if its only 20 or 30 pushups. Before you know it,youll be moving on up and doing a hundred in no time.And eating good meals is essential,you have to stay energized
SouthernBlood
SouthernBlood
Green
Green

Back to top Go down

Post  Poot-Hair Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:28 am

I'll tell you what's really worked for me. When I got hurt in Iraq and had to have surgery, (well multiple surgeries but I digress) I put on several un-needed pounds. When I got back to where I could work out again, the first thing I did was cut out my carbs for a whole week.

Increase protein intake (tuna, most any and every meats...baked or grilled not fried...I recommend baked or grilled chicken.), any kind of eggs, cheese. Also hotdogs which believe it or not have ZERO carbs. No white bread of any kind, only wheat. Brown rice instead of White.

What this does is rids your liver of it's stored sugars that have accumulated from an unhealthy diet and gets your body ready to start burning calories. You can really have fun with the meat, cheese, eggs thing for a week. Like grilled chicken covered in american cheese with peppers and onions. Use your imagination on it.

After a week, up your carbs just a little bit. Keep in mind carbs are your bodies fuel so the more you work out, the more carbs your body will need to sustain.

My workout now consists of P-90x, which is hard as hell so I don't do the full workout, just the cardio, chest and shoulders, legs and back with some plyometrics every now and then. I switch it up often but this is what I'm doing currently

Monday: Chest and Shoulders(Abs if I feel like it)
Tuesday: Cardio
Wednesday: Legs, Back, and Abs
Thursday: Cardio/Plyo
Friday: Burnout (full body workout start with Chest and Shoulders and do as many reps as possible with as high of a weight as possible. Then Legs/back/abs as many reps as possible. Then finish with cardio as long as possible)
Saturday and Sunday: Mostly recovery but occasionally I'll just do some running

It's really worked for me as I've went from about 265 after surgery down to 220. Got most of my 6-pack back and my arms are pretty ripped. Hope this helps!!
Poot-Hair
Poot-Hair
The Southern Freak Mod
The Southern Freak Mod

Location : Ider Alabama...washing the dirt...and poo off my soul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down